Last updated August 8, 2020
Fall 2020 Preschool Enrollment
Enrollment for fall 2020 is open for new and returning students. Some classes are already full and have waiting lists. Please contact us for the latest information about enrollment or to arrange a private classroom tour. We will wear masks, thoroughly clean and disinfect surfaces before and after your visit, and do our best adhere to social distancing guidelines.
COVID-19 Safety Measures for Fall 2020 Preschool Classes
Classes at Community Preschool will begin on September 1. The following precautionary measure will be in place to ensure a safe and clean facility for young children to come and experience preschool learning at its best.
- The two day class will be limited to 10 students with two teachers and the 3 day and 4 day classes will be limited to 12 students with two teachers. We will not be using parent volunteers in the classrooms at this time.
- Only one person walks child to preschool door to go through a Covid screening each day (no siblings please).
- Please wait in your car for an open space on the sidewalk upon arrival.
- Parents will pick up from the playground using the back gate for entering and the front gate (by the fellowship hall) to exit the playground.
- Teachers will were masks at all times.
- Students will be encouraged to wear masks (but not required to do so).
- Parents are required to wear mask at drop off and pick up times.
- Temperatures will be taken on the adult and child outside of the preschool door upon arrival. (Persons who have a fever of 100.4 degrees or above or other signs of illness will not be admitted to the facility.)
- Children will wash their hands as soon as they arrive in the classroom sink and many other appropriate times throughout the preschool day.
- Teachers will have a schedule for cleaning and disinfecting the areas that the children use throughout the day and sanitizing between each class, including the basement bathrooms.
Parents will be required to keep their child at home if they are showing any symptoms or have been exposed to Covid.
- The 6-feet apart guidelines will be followed to the best of our ability.
Each child will have their own individual supply box to use for art activities.
- Children will bring their own snack baggie labeled with their name and teachers will pour water into disposable cups.
- We will be outside in the open air for as many activities as we can to allow children to be in the fresh air. Windows will also be open in the classroom when possible. The preschool classrooms are on a separate HVAC system from the rest of Community Mennonite Church.
- No rooms in Community Mennonite Church other than the preschool classrooms will be used for preschool activities.
- The playground at Community Mennonite Church will be reserved for exclusive use by the preschool, and no one else.
- We will be working closely with our Virginia Department of Social Services licensing agent and Community Mennonite Church’s COVID Advisory Committee to make sure we are doing everything possible to keep our children and staff safe.