Last updated August 14, 2021
Fall 2021 Preschool Enrollment
Please contact us for the latest information about enrollment or to arrange a private classroom tour. We will wear masks, thoroughly clean and disinfect surfaces before and after your visit, and do our best adhere to social distancing guidelines.
COVID-19 Safety Measures for Fall 2021 Preschool Classes
Classes at Community Preschool will begin on September 7, 2021. The following precautionary measure will be in place to ensure a safe and clean facility for young children to come and experience preschool learning at its best.
- Teachers are all vaccinated and will wear masks at all times.
- Students are required to wear masks at all times when indoors.
- Parents are required to wear masks at all times during drop off and pick up.
- To the best of their abilities, teachers will keep children 3ft apart. Activities and classroom layout have been designed to accomdate 3ft separation.
- Parent volunteers will not be used in the classrooms.
- During child drop off and pick up, please wait in your car for an open space on the sidewalk.
- During child drop off, only one person walks a child to the preschool door to go through a Covid screening each day (no siblings please).
- Temperatures will be taken on the adult and child outside of the preschool door upon arrival. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees or above, or that shows signs of illness, will not be admitted into the preschool.
- Parents will pick up from the playground using the back gate for entering and the front gate (by the fellowship hall) to exit the playground.
- Parents will be required to keep their child at home if they are showing any symptoms or have been exposed to Covid.
- Children will wash their hands as soon as they arrive in the classroom sink and many other appropriate times throughout the preschool day.
- Teachers will have a schedule for cleaning and disinfecting the areas that the children use throughout the day and sanitizing between each class, including the basement bathrooms.
- Each child will have their own individual supply box to use for art activities.
- Children will bring their own snack baggie labeled with their name and teachers will pour water into disposable cups.
- We will be outside in the open air for as many activities as we can to allow children to be in the fresh air. Windows will also be open in the classroom when possible. The preschool classrooms are on a separate HVAC system from the rest of Community Mennonite Church.
- The playground at Community Mennonite Church will be reserved for exclusive use by the preschool, and no one else.
- We will be working closely with our Virginia Department of Education licensing agent and Community Mennonite Church’s COVID Advisory Committee to make sure we are doing everything possible to keep our children and staff safe.